Planning & Zoning Commission
The commission consists of seven citizens who meet on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. and on additional Thursdays as needed. Members serve three-year terms. If you have any questions about this commission or to apply for commission appointment please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 291.5663.
The commission reviews the City’s zoning ordinance and subdivision ordinance and makes recommendations to City Council. In addition, the commission reviews all plats, conditional use permit requests and zoning change requests.
The commission formulates comprehensive planning guidelines containing the recommendations for criteria for growth, development and beautification of the city. They may:
- Approve or disapprove subdivision plats as provided by state law and city ordinance
- Draft and recommend to the Council an official map for adoption
- Make and recommend to the Council for adoption a zoning plan and recommend or disapprove proposed changes in such plan
- Recommend to the Council for adoption a building code which shall include the minimum standards of construction of buildings, and the minimum standards for plumbing, wiring and gas piping
- Perform such other duties and be vested with such powers as the Council shall from time to time prescribed
|CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS|
|Vice Chair||Darrell Picha|
|Commission Member||Gregorio Aguilar|
|Commission Member||Rosebud Caradec|
|Commission Member||Scott Reynolds|
|Commission Member||Guy Rodgers|
|Commission Member||Rhonda Thompson|
|City Manager||Gayle Cook|
|Deputy City Manager / Community Development Director||Sean Landis|
|Board Secretary||Pat Patel|
City Planning and Zoning
Careful and deliberate planning and zoning is crucially important to proper city management. Learn more about this process by clicking here.