Planning & Zoning Commission
The commission consists of seven citizens who meet on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. and on additional Thursdays as needed. Members serve three-year terms.
The commission reviews the City’s zoning ordinance and subdivision ordinance and makes recommendations to City Council. In addition, the commission reviews all plats, conditional use permit requests and zoning change requests.
The commission formulates comprehensive planning guidelines containing the recommendations for criteria for growth, development and beautification of the city. They may:
- Approve or disapprove subdivision plats as provided by state law and city ordinance
- Draft and recommend to the Council an official map for adoption
- Make and recommend to the Council for adoption a zoning plan and recommend or disapprove proposed changes in such plan
- Recommend to the Council for adoption a building code which shall include the minimum standards of construction of buildings, and the minimum standards for plumbing, wiring and gas piping
- Perform such other duties and be vested with such powers as the Council shall from time to time prescribed
|CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS|
|Vice Chair||Darrell Picha|
|Commission Member||Gregorio Aguilar|
|Commission Member||Rosebud Caradec|
|Commission Member||Scott Reynolds|
|Commission Member||Rob Hefner|
|Commission Member||Guy Rodgers|
|City Manager||Gayle Cook|
|Deputy City Manager / Community Development Director||Sean Landis|
|Board Secretary||Pat Patel|
APPLY FOR A BOARD/COMMISSION
Please consider applying for a Seabrook board and/or commission. Applicants must meet residency requirements and be registered voters in the City of Seabrook. You may download the Boards and Commissions Application form (PDF) or may pick one up from the City Secretary's Office during business hours. All applications must be returned to the City Secretary's Office either via email or in person at 1700 1st Street, Seabrook, TX.