November 3, 2020 Charter Amendment Election
Ballot Propositions and Amendments: 2020 Charter Election Propositions
Seabrook Charter Review Commission Final Report: 2019-2020 Report to City Council
The November 3, 2020 Seabrook Charter Amendment Election will be via a Joint Election Agreement with Harris County; therefore,
NO VOTING WILL TAKE PLACE AT SEABROOK CITY HALL FOR EARLY VOTING OR FOR ELECTION DAY.
Below please find information on voting registration deadlines; early voting locations, dates, and times; ballot by mail voting; drive through voting; and election day locations, dates and times provided by Harris County pursuant to the Joint Election Agreement for federal, state, county AND LOCAL elections, including the Seabrook Charter Amendment Election, for November 3, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email the City Secretary at email@example.com; call or text the City Secretary at (281) 309-6896; or find information at HarrisVotes.com.
- Voter Registration Deadline: October 5, 2020
- Application to Vote by Mail Deadline: October 23, 2020
- Harris County Clerk Office must receive the application by October 23.
- Mail the application for voting by mail in the following ways:
- Regular mail:
Harris County Clerk
Attn: Elections Division
P.O. Box 1148
Houston, TX 77251-1148
- Common or contract carrier:
Harris County Clerk
1001 Preston, 4th Flr, Rm. 440
Houston, TX 77002
- Regular mail:
- Call the Harris County Election Help Line at (713) 755-6965 to check the status of your mail-in application or ballot.
Early Voting is from October 13 through October 30. Early Voting locations are located across Harris County. Visit HarrisVotes.com for nearby locations.
Hours of Operation for Early Voting Locations:
October 13-17: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
October 18: 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
October 19-24: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
October 25: 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
October 26: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
October 27-29: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
October 29th: 24-hour voting at seven locations*
October 30: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Election day is November 3, 2020. Voting location is based off your Harris County Precinct.
Hours of Operation for Election Day: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Precinct 0090:
El Lago City Hall
411 Tallowood Drive
- Precinct 0333:
Seabrook Intermediate School
2401 East Meyer Street
- Precinct 0692:
Captain Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
2901 NASA Parkway
Interested in Drive-Thru Voting (DTV)? Harris County created DTV as a safer, socially-distant alternative to walk-in voting for all voters. There are ten locations across Harris County. You can find more information and locations here.
*The seven 24-hour voting locations are the following:
- NRG Arena – Hall D
1 NRG Pkwy, Houston, TX 77054
- Kashmere MultiService Center – Auditorium
4802 Lockwood Drive, Houston, TX 77026
- John P McGovern Texas Medical Center Commons – 2nd Floor Food Court
6550 Bertner Avenue, Houston, TX 77030
- East Harris County Activity Center – Big Room (closest to Seabrook city limits)
7340 Spencer Highway, Pasadena, TX 77505
- Tracy Gee Community Center – Room 1 and 2
3599 Westcenter Drive, Houston, TX 77042
- Juergens Hall Community Center – Dance Hall
26026 Hempstead Highway, Cypress, TX 77429
- Victory Houston – Large Worship Area
809 West Road, Houston, TX 77038
To vote in a Harris County election, you must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the election date. To change your name or address, a completed and signed application is also required. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date. You can start the voter registrations process at RocktheVote.com.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Voter Registration Application Forms
If you prefer to fill out a physical voter registration form, below are links to printable forms in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese.
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search:
- Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- Your first and last name.
Voting by mail
If you are 65 years of age or older; disabled; out of the county on election day AND during early voting; or confined in jail, but otherwise eligible, you may be eligible to cast your vote by mail.
May 1, 2021 General Election
The next Seabrook General Election will be on Saturday, May 1, 2021, at Seabrook City Hall, located at 1700 1st Street. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 13-February 12, 2021.
Find additional election-related dates and information at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml
(posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/guide/local.shtml
Filing requirements per the City of Seabrook Charter, Article II, available at https://library.municode.com/tx/seabrook/codes/code_of_ordinances