Water, Sewer, and Garbage Rates
ATTENTION UTILITY CUSTOMERS
Effective September 15, 2020 Water and Wastewater Rates increased. Below is a detailed breakdown of rates. The water rate increase was approved by Seabrook City Council earlier this year. The decision to increase rates occurred after a detailed review of a water rate study which indicated rates needed to increase to cover costs associated with the city's Capital Improvement Projects (CIP), ongoing maintenance and operation fees, and the anticipated increase to Seabrook's water contract with the City of Pasadena. The last water rate increase occurred in October 2018.
Water rates for single meter residential and all commercial customers (single customer and multi-customer commercial meters)
Water rates for these customers in the City of Seabrook shall be shown below. The minimum bill charge is based on the customer's meter size as shown below and includes up to 2,000 gallons of water usage per month.
|Meter Size||Minimum Bill (for first 2,000 gal.)|
All over 2,000 gallons to 10,000 gallons - $5.20 per thousand gallons
All over 10,000 gallons to 15,000 gallons - $6.19 per thousand gallons
All over 15,000 gallons - $7.39 per thousand gallons
Water Rates for Multi-Family Meter Customers
A minimum charge of $18 per month shall be charged for each living unit serviced by the same meter. This minimum charge will include usage of up to 2,000 gallons per month, per unit.
All gallons over the minimum allotment will be charged as follows:
- 4,001 to 10,000 gallons per thousand gallons - $5.20
- All over 10,000 gallons per thousand gallons - $6.19
For example, a water meter that serves three (3), residential customers, 11,000 gallons usage is recorded for one month. The charge is computed as follows:
3 units X $18.00 = $54.00 base rate
(This pays for the first 6,000 gallons of water.)
6,001 gallons - 10,000 @ $5.20 per/1,000 $20.80
10,001 gallons - 11,000 gallons @ $6.19 per/1,000 $6.19
TOTAL MONTHLY WATER BILL $80.99
Sewer Rates - Residential, Multi-Family, & Light Commercial
First 2,000 gallons - $23.00 minimum
All over 2,000 gallons, per 1,000 gallons - $4.86
Maximum charge based on 16,000 gallons - $91.04
Sewer Rates - Commercial & Industrial
First 2,000 gallons - $32.61 minimum
All over 2,000 gallons, per 1,000 gallons -$6.38
- Homeowner, multi-family living unit equivalent - $100
- Tenant or Lessee - $200
- Builder’s deposit, per unit, payable at time of water tap - $25
- Hydrant deposit - $1,500
- Commercial; 3 months average use, but not less than - $100
- Irrigation Deposit - $100
Service Cut-off/Water Reconnect for non-payment
- Regular hours $25
- No After hours reconnect for non-payment
Late Charge Fee
In event charges are not paid in full when due, an additional charge of ten percent (10%) of the amount past due and unpaid shall be added to regular charges and collected with the regular charges.
Meter Tampering Fees per offense
- Meter reset due to pulling - $100
- Meter lock broken - $100
- Curb stop damaged or broken - $100
- Dialog damaged or disconnected - $100
- Meter lock removed - $100
- Meter broken - $100
- Meter stolen - $100
- Unauthorized connection Inserted - $100
- Unauthorized water usage - $100
Theft of Water Service
Theft of water services shall refer to any customer who reconnects water services in any way after the City has disconnected the water for nonpayment of a delinquent bill or otherwise. In addition to the amount of the delinquent bill, the "Reconnect Fee", the "Meter Reset Fee" and the Meter Tampering Fees" shall be paid before water service will be reconnected
- Delinquent Amount (Balance on account)
- Reconnect Fee - $25.00
- Meter Reset Fee - $100.00
- Meter Tampering Fee -$100.00
Water Meter Re-Reads
- Water Meter Re-read - $25.00
- If the City has made an error, then the fee will be refunded to the account.
Water Meter Test Fee
- 1” or smaller meters, in-house - $50.00
- 1 1/2” or larger, outside contractor - Actual cost of outside contractor
Note: If the meter's performance is found to be fast and outside the acceptable standard as set forth by the American Water Works Association, the test fee shall be waived.
A customer requesting an audit of the water meter; whereby the meter is read a maximum of two times, at varying periods of a day, within the monthly meter reading schedule to help determine peak usage, possible surges or loss within the private water system.
- Meter Audit -$50.00
- Residential Unit - $25.70 per month
- Waste, Recycle, Bulk, Brush, As Your Door
- Commercial Hand Collect - $51.40 per month
- Each additional cart is $15.02 per month, per cart up to a maximum of 4 polycarts.
- Additional Residential Trash or Recycle Carts - $6.69 per month, per cart.
Commercial Collection Frequency/Rate
|Container Size/Type||1x / week||2x / week||3x / week||4x / week||5x / week||6x / week||Extra P/U|
Permanent Roll-Off Bin / Compactor Rates
|Initial Delivery||Monthly Rental||Collection||Disposal|
|Cost Per Pick Up|
|40 cubic yard||$200.83||$167.36||$319.28||$478.89|
|28 cubic yard||$200.83||$167.36||$319.28||$335.22|
- Front Load Compacted per Cubic Yard - $22.68
- Set of Castors per month - $28.03
- Lock per month - $38.10
- Relocate Fee - $149.18
- Overage Fee - $125.00 per pick up
- Transportation and Disposal Coast of Non-Recyclables Rejected - $50.88 per ton
Any additional services requested by Customers will be negotiated directly between the Customer and the Contractor.