Seabrook Emergency Business Retention Incentive
The Seabrook Economic Development Corporation is pleased to announce the recipients of the Emergency Business Retention Incentive as follows:
Hotels & Lodging
Beacon Hill B&B
Holiday Inn Express
Seabrook Waffle Company
Bay Area Body Shop
El Lago Coffee
Good Sense Provisions
Seabrook House of Flowers
Your Printing Now
Bay Area Houston Magazine
Lotus Hair, Nail & Massage
Mama Bella Beauty Salon
Pelican Health & Fitness
Each business received between $3,500 to $9,000 depending on the size and number of their staff, whether or not they are independent or a franchise, their operating status and the type of business. A Seabrook Economic Development Corporation subcommittee reviewed all applications and made recommendations to the Corporation for approval. City Council reviewed all agreements and gave final approval on Friday, May 8 during a Special City Council Meeting.
A total of $184,000 was awarded with $66,000 remaining in the Emergency Business Retention Fund, therefore, the program will be reopened on Monday, May 11 to allow for additional businesses to apply. To be eligible, businesses must be located with a Seabrook Empowerment Zone (see map below) and the business must have been active on or before January 1, 2020. The same criteria will be used to allocate funding as before. Businesses who have already been awarded an incentive will not be eligible to reapply.
Businesses who wish to apply must complete the application in its entirety and email it to the SEDC. The application will be made available online at www.seabrooktx.gov/emergency-incentive. Applications will be considered until the Emergency Business Retention Fund is depleted. See below for how to apply.
For more information about the incentive please email Seabrook Economic Development Director, Paul Chavez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281) 291-5730.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download, complete and sign SEABROOK EMERGENCY BUSINESS RETENTION INCENTIVE APPLICATION
- Download, complete and sign SEABROOK VENDOR PACKET and W-9.
- Additional Required Documentation Needed
- Copy of Texas Workforce Commission Quarterly Wage Report for Q4 2019
- Copy of TWC Q1 report
- Receipt or cancelled check of most recent lease/mortgage payment
- Receipt or cancelled check of most recent utility payments (water, electric, gas, etc.)
- Copy of Texas Sales and Use Tax Return for FY 2019 (if applicable)
- Copy of Q1 2020 Sales Tax payments
- Copy of Harris County Property Tax Bill for 2019
- Proof of COVID-19 federal grant/loan program application (if applicable)
- Email the completed and signed application and Seabrook Vendor packet along with all required documentation to email@example.com.
The evaluation process will include a full review of the application and required documentation in addition to the following criteria that will be used within the scoring system.
- Current operating status of business
- Size and number of employees within the business
- Business type (franchise or independent)
- Type of business (i.e. retail, restaurant, professional, service related, automotive, personal care, sales, industrial, etc.)
If you have questions or need help applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281) 291-5730.