The City of Seabrook's Public Safety Team is actively communicating with TxDOT in regard to the safety concerns at the intersection of SH146 and Repsdorph/E. Meyer. Earlier this month, contractors fully opened the intersection and since opening a number of motorists are failing to observe the traffic signals.
In an effort to bring more awareness to the traffic signals at the intersection, TxDOT will be implementing the following:
- Digital message boards along the southbound SH146 corridor prior to the intersection.
- Speed display sign to bring awareness to the speed of motorists approaching the intersection.
- Installation of rumble strips that will give motorists an audible alert to slow down when approaching the intersection.
- Repainting of the "stop bars" in a staggered confirmation to allow the far lanes to more easily view oncoming frontage to road traffic.
- Scheduling expedited for installation of permanent traffic control mass arms and lights
In addition to these safety improvements, the Seabrook Police Department will increase enforcement in this area.
Please do your part in keeping this intersection safe by slowing down when approaching SH146 intersections and always adhering to traffic signals.