To schedule an inspection for your project, you may call (281) 291-5669 or e-mail the Seabrook Building Department with the following information:
- Project address
- Project (permit) number
- Description of the type of inspection needed
- A contact name & phone number
- Any special requests or information for the Inspector (i.e. morning or afternoon inspection, lock box number, location of item to be inspected.)
The Building Department performs inspections Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Inspection requests received before 8:30 a.m. in the morning will be scheduled for the same day. Any requests received after 8:30 a.m. will be placed on the next available inspection day. Inspection requests received after 8:30 a.m. on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday.
Partial inspections can only be schedule by contacting the Building Department at (281) 291-5669 and speaking with the Building Inspector preforming inspections that day.
Gas & Electrical Emergencies in Occupied Homes
Inspections of repairs needed for re-connection of utilities will be conducted on the same day. The city does not preform after hours or weekend inspections.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR RESIDENTIAL INSPECTIONS (PDF)
New Building Construction Projects
All trades are inspected together during Cover & Final inspections. Partial inspections are available depending on the project size. Please be courteous to your neighbors when building in Seabrook.
- The city requires contractors to keep their construction sites adjoining properties and public right-of-ways clean and free of debris. Building materials stored on site shall be neatly stacked out of the mud and water and shall be secured against movement by wind and flowing water. Garbage shall be kept in closed containers and shall be removed no less than twice a week.
- Streets shall be swept daily. In addition, siltation and erosion devices must be continuously maintained to prevent infiltration of sediment and debris into any storm drainage system and unto public and private adjoining property.
- Sanitation Facilities for those working on site is required and should be maintained on a regular basis.
- All dumpsters and trash boxes used within the City of Seabrook must be maintained on a regular basis.