Most construction requires a Building Permit, however, cosmetic changes and non-structural repairs may not require one. If in doubt, please contact the Building Department. Permit applications and plan documentation may be submitted Via E-Mail: Permits@Seabrooktx.gov..
Visit HARRIS COUNTY APPRAISAL DISTRICT (HCAD) to verify that the address for your project is within the corporate limits of the City of Seabrook.
Permits are Required For:
- Fill, Grading, and Clearing of Land
- Storage Buildings, Storage Enclosures, and Louver Walls
- Swimming Pools, including Hot Tubs and Spas over 24" deep or more
- Driveway, sidewalls, or patio replacement and expansions (Paving)
- Bulkheads, Piers, Docks, Boat Houses and Riprap (New and Repairs)
- New Roofs or Roof Repairs
- Window and door installation and replacement
- Siding, Stucco and Brick repair and replacement.
- Patio Covers, Porches, or Sun Rooms
- Photo Voltaic Solar Array and Backup Generators.
- Foundation Repairs and Re-Adjustments
- House or Building Moving
- Building Demolition
- Gas Reconnections (modification or repairs)
- Electrical Reconnections (modification or repair)
- Air Conditioning Unit and Water Heater Replacements
- Permanent and Temporary Signs and Banners
- Trade Work - Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Fire, Irrigation Modification or Additions
- Tree Removal (when applicable per city ordinance)
- Mobile Food Vendors (NEW)
- Short Term Rentals (NEW)
- Pipeline Permits
Please Note: Work requiring permits may not start until the permit is issued by the Building Department. Permit applications must be reviewed and approved by department staff, all fees are calculated at that time. We accept Cash, Check, MasterCard and Visa payments for building permits and registrations (online payments are now available, once registered, at; Municipal Payments Seabrook on the city's Main Web Page). We do not process Phone Payments.
Also Note: Todville, Red Bluff and Repsdorph Roads are Harris County Right of Ways. Proof of a County Approval Certificate is required prior commencement of any Utilities Work. More information can be obtained at: https://www.eng.hctx.net/permits/Public-Review-Code/Public-Plan-Review/Notification-of-Construction-in-the-ROW
All culvert or driveway work on these roadways requires Harris County Engineering Permits. The Harris County Engineering Department can be contacted by Phone At: 713-274-3920 For Residential Development : http://www.eng.hctx.net/permits/Residential For Residential Driveway and Culvert permits:http://www.eng.hctx.net/permits/Residential/Permitting/Driveways-Culverts
SEE BUILDING CODE FOR APPLICABLE CODE EDITIONS AND REGULATIONS THAT APPLY TO DEVELOPMENT AND CONSTRUCTION.
APPLICATION, ORDINANCES & FORMS
- Application for Certificate of Occupancy (PDF)
- Contractors Registration Application(PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- New Home Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Residential SOP for Inspections (PDF)
- Commercial SOP for Inspections (PDF)
- Swimming Pools SOP for Inspections (PDF)
- City of Seabrook Building Ordinance (CH 18)
- City of Seabrook Flood Ordinance (Ch38)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Alarm & Fire Sprinkler Permit Application (PDF)
- Mobile Food Vendors
- Pipeline Permits (New, Repair, Renovation)
- Additional Information
PERMIT APPLICATIONS AND PLAN DOCUMENTATION MAY BE SUBMITTED VIA E-MAIL TO: PERMITS@SEABROOKTX.GOV.
Contractors doing work in the City of Seabrook are required to register with the Building Department. Download Registration Form (PDF)
Each of the following must be received, approved, and entered into our system before any work may be permitted or commenced in the City of Seabrook. NOTE: Per Texas State Law, Fire, Plumbing, and Electrical contractors are not required to pay registration fees but are still required to register in order to pull permits.
- Completed Contractor’s Registration Application
- Proof of Insurance showing the City of Seabrook as a Certificate Holder (Proof of Insurance must be sent directly from the insurance provider. Proof of insurance forms will not be accepted from the contractor or license holder.)
- Minimum Coverage: $100,000 occurrence /$300,000 aggregate
- Color Copy of the Driver’s License of the State Licensee or Owner of the Company being registered.
- Color Copy of State License (Responsible Master) or other required state licenses (When applicable).
The Company Owner, Master, or other required license holders for the company may come to the Seabrook Public Works Complex at 1100 Red Bluff Rd. in-person to complete the registration process or provide a letter of release to the Building Department. The Letter shall be on the companies letterhead and contain a list of the authorized person(s) allowed to pull permits in the company’s name or under their Master license.
When submitting your plans for review, we request the following format be used: Submit a filled out Permit application and one (1) digital copy of plans and supporting documents. Permit applications and plan documentation may be submitted Via E-Mail: Permits@Seabrooktx.gov. Once approved, a Digital set of City Approved Plans will be returned to the contractor or owner for construction and inspection purposes. On large commercial projects, the contractor is responsible for returning one (1) paper set of City Approved Plans to the Building Department (Greater than 30 Arch D or E size sheets). Plans must be drawn accurately and to scale. Necessary proof of compliance from other agencies is required at the time of submittal including G.L.O., Army Corp, TDLR, Harris County Health, Etc. Review time for residential and miscellaneous projects is approximately 7 - 10 business days, with approximately 14 - 21 business days for commercial projects. Further assistance and information may be obtained by calling 281-291-5669