- Customer Service and Utility Billing
- WaterSmart AMI Project
WaterSmart & Automatic Metering Infrastructure Project
Your WaterSmart Portal is now available for access. To register or log in go to seabrooktx.watersmart.com.
The City of Seabrook in partnership with Ameresco, RTS/Envo Core, Neptune and WaterSmart will begin the installation of Automatic Metering Infrastructure (AMI) this summer (July 2021). AMI will optimize water distribution operations and enhance Seabrook customer service. The focus of the project will help us achieve efficiencies and infrastructure improvements associated with the city's water system while providing many tangible and intangible benefits to Seabrook water customers.
Ameresco was selected to provide the "turnkey" solution which identifies, designs, installs and monitors the comprehensive water efficiency program. RTS/Envo Core, Neptune and WaterSmart are core partners in the project.
The AMI project modernizes infrastructure and enhances transparency by allowing customers to better manage their own water resources. With the meter upgrade, customers will have access to more frequent detailed information about water consumption, enabling them to have better control over their water usage and monthly bills.
Ameresco & RTS/EnvoCore will begin work the week in July 2021. The entire project will take approximately six to eight months. In most cases, the transition will be completely transparent and will not affect the residents. The work will be performed during weeks days between 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Meter Technicians will be clearly identified with safety shirts, placards on their trucks and a letter from the City of Seabrook in their possession for your review.
Benefits of the Water Meter Upgrade
AMI smart water meters help conserve and ensure a better water future and provide a robust foundation for strong collaboration with our customers.
The new AMI meters will allow us to integrate meter consumption data into our existing WaterSmart customer portal. Customers will be able to have transparent access to consumption information, leak detection, high usage alerts, historical patterns, and bill predictions all using a web portal or mobile device.
Benefits to customers include:
- Ability to track/view daily water usage on smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Set usage limits that warn of excessive usage or continuous usage.
- Help videos that can help you resolve common leak issues.
- Ability to set alerts for when you are out of town.
- View individualized usage in relation to previous usage history and/or weather/precipitation.
- Improved customer engagement and service.
- The City of Seabrook's ability to quickly detect and stop leaks will be greatly enhanced.
- By providing up-to-date water usage data, customers can improve their efforts to conserve.